Our Orthopaedic referral service is headed by Richard Artingstall MA VetMB CertSAS MRCVS, RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Surgery, supported by our team of interns and nurses.
We have a dedicated orthopaedic referral theatre fully equipped for our orthopaedic cases. All aspects of orthopaedic problems are assessed and treated. Diagnosis is augmented by digital radiography and CT.
Examples of orthopaedic cases covered are:
- Simple and complex fracture fixation – Pin and tension band wire, AO/ASIF internal fixation
- PAX/SOP locking plate, IMEX external skeletal fixation
- Carpal and tarsal luxation – Pancarpal arthrodesis, ligament augmentation
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Multiple trauma- – RTA’s with concurrent soft tissue and orthopaedic injuries
- Medial and Lateral Patella luxation
- Hip dislocation
- Femoral head and neck excision
Cranial Cruciate Rupture
We offer a balanced approach to cranial cruciate rupture utilizing the right technique for the patient and the finances available. Each case will be assessed thoroughly and the different techniques of stabilisation discussed with the owner so they can make an informed decision before embarking on surgery.
- TTA (Tibial tuberosity advancement)
- Closing wedge TPLO
- Tightrope Fibre wire
- Isometric secured lateral suture
- Lateral DeAngelis suture
Our services are not limited to the above therefore please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.