Orthopaedics & Chronic Pain Management
Vale Referrals Orthopaedic and Chronic Pain Management service is aimed at the diagnosis, management and treatment of orthopaedic conditions in our dogs and cats, from chronic lameness to acute complex fractures.
We give a comprehensive range of treatment options to our patients, taking them through the journey of diagnosis, surgery, treatment and then out the other side with physiotherapy and hydrotherapy that is tailored to the individual animal and clients’ needs.
Orthopaedic conditions can range from acute trauma such as fractures and dislocations, ligament injuries such as cranial cruciate disease or more chronic conditions such as osteoarthritis or chronic pain management.
Our orthopaedic and chronic pain management service is led by Richard Artingstall MA VetMB Cert SAS MRCVS (RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Surgery) and our head of rehabilitation Rachel Mowbray BVSc MRCVS.
Richard is both a soft tissue and an orthopaedic surgeon and has a particular interest and expertise in complex fracture management, trauma surgery and joint surgery such as cranial cruciate disease.
Rachel Mowbray has a particular expertise in physiotherapy, hydrotherapy and rehabilitation. She has been the official veterinary surgeon for the Great Britain Agility team for the last 10 years and specialises in maximising the quality of mobility and quality of life in dogs and cats that are going through the rehabilitation process. For more information, please refer to www.pet-rehab.co.uk
Orthopaedic and chronic pain diagnosis at Vale Referrals is aided by:
- Advanced diagnostic imaging such as computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and digital radiography
- Minimally invasive surgery – arthroscopy
- Joint cytology
- Water treadmill assessment
Orthopaedic and chronic pain management at Vale Referrals is aided by:
- Full range of fracture repair techniques IMEX external skeletal fixation, standard internal fixation (locking SOP, PAX and non-locking DCP)
- Joint surgery – cruciate disease (TTA, CW TPLO, tightrope and isometric lateral suture fixation), hip luxation
- Joint salvage surgery – Pancarpal and pantarsal arthrodesis
- Intraarticular treatments - stem cell therapy, platelet rich plasma (PRP)
- Acupuncture and massage
For more information or to refer a case please contact email@example.com