Gastro-Intestinal & Urogenital
Vale Referrals Gastro-intestinal and Urogenital service is aimed at the diagnosis, management and treatment of acute and chronic gastro-intestinal disorders and the diagnosis management and treatment of urinary incontinence or genitourinary conditions.
Gastrointestinal conditions can be complex and varied. We use the latest diagnostic tools combined with the expertise of our clinicians to treat and manage acute and chronic gastrointestinal conditions.
Urinary incontinence and genitourinary conditions can have a profound impact on the quality of life of an animal. The combination of clinical skill sets and minimally invasive surgical and diagnostic technologies available at Vale Referrals enable our urogenital service to manage and treat complex congenital, urinary and urogenital issues.
The gastrointestinal service is led by our internal medicine clinician, Myra Stevenson BVM&S Cert SAM MRCVS (RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Medicine)
Myra has particular expertise in gastrointestinal video endoscopy and is supported by both surgeons Ed Friend and Richard Artingstall for any surgical interventions that may be needed.
The urogenital service is led by our soft tissue surgeon Ed Friend BVetMed CertSAS DipECVS MRCVS, (European Specialist in Small Animal Surgery, RCVS Specialist in Small Animal Surgery (Soft Tissue). Ed has a particular interest in urogenital surgery especially the management of urinary incontinence where medical management has failed. Ed has pioneered minimally invasive laser surgery for congenital ectopic ureters and hydraulic sphincters for urethral sphincter mechanism incompetence.
Gastrointestinal and urogenital diagnostics at Vale Referrals are aided by:
- Minimally invasive flexible video-endoscopy for the investigation of upper gastrointestinal and lower bowel disease
- High frequency abdominal ultrasound
- Computed tomography/ Digital radiography including dynamic contrast cystography
- Rigid high definition video cystoscopy
Gastrointestinal and urogenital management options at Vale Referrals are aided by:
- Flexible and rigid video-endoscopy and video-cystoscopy for minimally invasive luminal biopsy and sampling
- Minimally invasive Laser ablation of congenital ectopic ureters
- A specialist led surgical team for acute and chronic surgical management for gastro-intestinal conditions
- A specialist led medical team to manage non-surgical acute and chronic gastro-intestinal conditions
For more information or to make a referral please contact email@example.com