Vale Referrals Cardiorespiratory service is aimed at the diagnosis, management and treatment of all types of respiratory and cardiology conditions that we see in our patients, from a chronic cough to a collapsing dog.
We use the latest diagnostic tools combined with the expertise of our clinicians to treat and manage a full range of complex cardiorespiratory conditions.
Cardiorespiratory patients are generally high risk and it is the combination of our clinician’s knowledge, skills and clinical care team that enables us to manage these cases to a high degree of expertise.
Our cardiorespiratory service is led by Dr Mark Patteson MA VetMB PhD DVC CertVR MRCVS (RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology) and Myra Stevenson BVM&S Cert SAM MRCVS (RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Medicine). They are supported by Sian Blakey BVetMed (hons) CertAVP (SAM) MRCVS.
Myra has particular expertise in flexible and rigid endoscopic investigation of airway disease and Dr Mark Patteson heads our cardiology team providing specialist cardiology assessment and treatment
Cardiorespiratory diagnosis at Vale Referrals is aided by:
• High frequency ultrasound and echocardiography for cardiac and pulmonary assessment
• Computed tomography for investigation of pulmonary and intra-thoracic disease
• Minimally invasive flexible and rigid endoscopy for the investigation of upper and lower airway disease
Cardiorespiratory management at Vale Referrals is aided by:
• Comprehensive medical knowledge of respiratory conditions from our team
• Surgical management of airway and cardiothoracic disease (laryngeal paralysis, brachycephalic airway disease, pulmonary neoplasia, congenital vascular disease)
For more information or to refer a case please contact us on email@example.com