Vale Referrals Oncology service is aimed at the diagnosis, management and treatment of all types of cancers that we see in our pets, from the smallest lump to the complex neuroendocrine cancer.
We give comprehensive support to pet owners giving them a treatment plan that is personal to their pet. We work with the patient and owner, presenting the latest information, diagnostic tests and treatment options that are available for their condition.
Stefano Zago DVM (Hons) MSc (Clin Onc) MRCVS leads the team with support from our internal medicine clinicians Myra Stevenson BVM&S Cert SAM MRCVS (RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Medicine) and Sian Blakey BVetMed (hons) CertAVP (SAM) MRCVS and where needed our cardiologists Dr Mark Patteson MA VetMB PhD DVC CertVR MRCVS (RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology) and Dave Dickson BVetMed CertAVP(VC) MRCVS (RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Cardiology).
Cancer diagnosis at Vale Referrals is aided by:
- Advanced diagnostic imaging (Computed tomography, Magnetic resonance imaging, high definition ultrasound, digital radiography
- Surgical biopsy (surgical and minimally invasive techniques)
- Clinical hematology and endocrinology
- In house diagnostic cytology
- Diagnostic support from specialist cytologists and histopathologists
Cancer treatment at Vale Referrals is aided by:
- Surgical tumor excision and biopsy with functional and cosmetic soft tissue reconstruction
- Medical management with medical chemotherapy and metronomic chemotherapy
- Outpatient radiation therapy (external to Vale Referrals)
For more information or to refer a case please contact us on email@example.com